Wednesday 7 March 2012

you're a week old already...12/11/2011

Finley, you're a week old today! This time last week daddy had just arrived back at the hospital to see us. We had spent a few hours alone and I had just laid there, staring at your beautiful face. So scared I would soon wake up from this wonderful dream where I had finally become a mummy. You had barely made a peep in those few hours, yet my tears of happiness flowed at seeing you just lay there.

This last 7 days has past in a blur, a flurry of friends and family who have visited you and brought you some wonderful presents and cards. Everyone thinks you are so beautiful and small.

Feeding has been difficult as mummy is producing too much milk for you ro keep up with so I am now expressing. We bought an electric pump and you seem to like the humming sound it makes, but don't think daddy is too impressed at 1 and 4 in the morning hehe but he says its ok. You have had a few feeds from mummy too in the last few days, I enjoy that time where I can take you to another room, away from everyone else and just have some time 'me and you'. we seem to get very little of that precious time due to all the visitors.

Right now you are laid on my lap, fast asleep, snuggled up warm. Were watching friends and having a giggle whilst daddy is out spending some time with a friend who lost his nana just days before you were born. Her nickname was nana moon, the world lost nana moon but gained you lickle moon.

I look at you still in complete disbelief, are you real? I check all the time to see if you are still breathing, just cos I'm so scared still but I think that's something all new mummies do, daddy said he does it too.

My lickle moon, my Finley Richard...... I love you so much, I promise to be the best mummy I can possibly be to you and I will care for you and do the best for you that I can.

Love from mummy xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment