Wednesday 7 March 2012

full term =one scared mummy to be .... 25/10/2011

well lickle moon, there are now just 2 weeks and 5 days until your official due date. up until yesterday mummy was just so excited and hadn't experienced even a moment of fear in quite some time. but that all changed yesterday when i realised i really dont know what to expect. ive read all the books, ive spoke to lots of people, i know the 'theory' behind child birth...... but i realised i don't actually know what i should be expecting my body to do.

when i went to the toilet in the early hours, i lost a a lot of water that wasn't mummy weeing and when i woke up i had wet knickers. i didnt know what to do and didnt know if that was my waters or not. so i sat and cried. i rang your nanna who thought that it sounded like my waters and when your grandma came round she made em ring the midwife. after a very long day of trying to get somebody to listen to mummy we finally got checked over and was told they hadn't broken. i felt silly, but most of all i felt scared. i snuggled into daddy and told him i am scared because i dont know what to expect. daddy explained to me that we cant possibly know what is going to happen because you're our first baby. that made sense but i still felt very upset last night.

i worried that after getting this far with you, i still might not get to bring you home. this journey has been so tough my lickle moon and even though i have loved feeling you in my tummy and having you move around letting me know you are ok, i have wished for the 9 months to go quickly. i know i wont actually believe you're real until i hold you in my arms and see your beautiful little face look up at me, until your little fingers grasp at mine and i feel you snuggle into me for comfort. i promise to care for you the very best i can and to be the best mummy i can be. you are about to change my life forever and i am so grateful that you are on your way. i have tears as i write this, tears of fear, happiness and excitement.

so when you're ready my baby, we're ready to meet you.

see you soon, my darling lickle moon
love from your mummy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment