Wednesday 7 March 2012

a very scary 24 hours....29/03/2011

well got up yesterday after a very very sleepless night and decided to take the day off as annual leave to catch up on some rest. had a nice relxed day then decided to go do the big shop at asda with hubby. been there 5 minutes and nipped to the loo which resulted in a trip to a&e!

as i walked in the toilet and locked the cubicle, i got  aain that ripped through my whle stomach, i started shaking, went really hot and dizzy and dropped to the floor cos i felt so weak. the pain continued and i couldnt move to get nay help. i have never known those toilets to be so bloody quiet! about 5 minutes later someone finally came in and got me some help. ambulance service were going to take 45 minutes to get to me so hubby bundled me in the care and took me straight to a&e. i was sure it was over, but just kept reassuring myself no blood was a good sign.

i got to a&e and was put straight onto a bed and given some paracetamol. the pain had started to subside, but evrytime i moved i felt like something was tearing. tests were done and 5 hours later i finally saw a dr who said the gynea ward wanted to admit me due to my history with ivf and concerns about an ectopic pregnancy.

got on gynea ward and was convinced by the dr it was ectopic, however when my blood tests finally came back showing my hcg was 43,600 they decided that was too high for an ectopic pregnany but would still scan me.

after 3 hours sleep was kicked out of my bed cos they needed it for another patient and sat n a chair - uncomfortable, in pain and left with no food still, being told i could go home after scan if everything was ok.
had scan just after 9 and lickle moon was still there. i felt so relieved i just felt numb. i think i had prepared myself for the worst and to see his little heartbeat flickering away jst made me completely speachless. im still not convinced that was my baby on the screen. as it was an external scan just to check the basics, i could see him very clearly, but he's there and measuring 6 weeks plus 3 days, with a good strong heartbeat.
my right ovary is still enlarged and there appeared to be no other obvious reason for the pain.

went back to the ward, sat in my chair for a good 2 and half hours before i finally spoke up, telling them i was unhappy i had been left so long with no food or drink (it was 17 hours since i had last eaten and they knew this!) and that i had already been told i could go home so why wasnt i being discharged. i was told to not get upset, it would be lunch time soon! she finally agreed to get me some biscuits. 20 minutes later they cam and said i could go home but they'd keep me to have some lunch, i ended up refusi g and telling them i was not sitting in a very uncomfortable chair in pain, any longer and i was gong home. (i dont normally strop but was getting pretty peaved off and i get mad when im hungry!)

so im home, settled back on my sofa. hubby said lickle moon was just reminding us he was still there, i can see he is going to be a little tyke, fighting for attention, just like his daddy!
so back to resting and hopefully back to work tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment