Wednesday 7 March 2012

your beautiful smile.....16/1/2012

finley you are now 10 weeks old. the days are quickly passing and each day your little personality begins to shine even brighter. when you wake in a morning you make little noises to let me know its time to get up, if im not there fast enough those little noises become cries for me to wake faster... but as soon as i peer into your crib your eyes light up and the corners of your mouth creep into a perfect little grin. as i scoop you up into my arms you coo and your eyes stay focused on my face.

we have a little mornng routine now and after a feed and a cuddle we get washed and then you lay on your changer as i massage your special creams into your skin to stop it getting dry and sore. most days you like it and you lay cooing and smiling, but som days you cry and tell me to go faster so you can get dressed. we sing nursery rhymes or play music and this makes you calm when you're getting upset.

you like to have cuddles with lots of different people and you always give your biggest grins to everyone; you're such a sociable little man. but you always follow my voice too and will turn to me when i talk ( i secretly like this cos i know you havent forgotten about me just cos someone else is giving you beautiful cuddles).

you love sitting on my knee and we bounce along to 'wind the bobbin up' and the 'wheels on the bus'. you smile so big when we sing and bounce and now your eyebrows dance along too.

when you sit cooing and talking to me, your full face moves now with so much expression. your funny little eyebrows wriggle around your forehead and your nose twitches whilst your nostrils flare. your mouth takes on new shapes with new noises escaping every day..... its a wonderful feeling as all my senses take in your beautiful actions.

on a night time your fall asleep on my breast after your night time feed, snuggled in you drift off int a quiet slumber. i lay you in your crib, tunr on the monitor and wander downstairs for some mummy time only to be called back up half an hour later by your cries. real cries now, with real tears that form in the corners of your eyes. but again, as soon as i scoop you into my arms you peer at me as if to say 'there you are mummy, where did you go?' and how can i resist another cuddle with you when your big smile screams innocence and a need for huggles. you will only be a baby for such a short time of your life, i intend to cherish every second of it i can.

i think its fair to say my darling baby, that your beautiful smile makes me fall in love with you just a little bit more everytime, even though every time i think i couldnt possibly love you more then i do in that second.

love from your mummy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment