Wednesday 7 March 2012

dont know how to carry on..... 4/11/2011

i am 38 + 4 and have been in slow labour for a week now. i started with irreugular contractions last friday - definitely not braxton hicks cos theyre bloody painful and ive been getting braxton hicks since early on and theyre very differnt. they lasted for 4 hours then stopped. same thing on sat n sunday for a few hours. then woke early hours monday morning with awful period type cramps and was losing my plug. the pains were evry 15 minutes, and i was losing a lot of mucous and small blood clots. 5 hours later the pains stopped but the 'show' continued ever since.
i saw my consultant yesterday who examined me and told me i was 2cm dilated and gave me a sweep. within an hour i was getting contractions every 6 -9 minutes. by 3ish they were more regular. by 4 they were every 4 minutes and getting stronger and stronger. at 7 i finally rang the labour ward who told me to go in (i have strep b so shouldnt leave it too late but was so scared of them stopping again). they were continuing and becoming increasingly painful to a point were i could no longer breath through them. when i was examined again i was at 3cm but my cervix was completely soft so was just a case of waiting for that extra 1cm before they would say i was in established labour. she gave me the option to go home and have some food and try to rest and then come back in a few hours hopefully by which point i woiuld be at 4cm. so at half 11 we left and went and got some food. i last looked at the clock at 2.30ish and then it was suddenly half 3. they'd stopped been so painful and regular and i'd fallen asleep.

ive then slept all morning, aware of some continuing contractions but only mild. they are now every 12 minutes again and although they hurt theyre nothing like last night. i'm exhausted and just dont know what to do with myself. my mum keeps telling me to have some castor oil but im adamant i wont have any after reading the risks - my baby is too precious to take that chance. i keep telling myself baby will come when he's ready and not before. but if it carries on like this i dont think ill have any energy to push baby out. having spd doesn't help either cos the pain and pressure in my pelvis now is awful.

right now im doing my best to not sit and cry cos thats all i feel like doing im so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment