Wednesday 7 March 2012

tears at new year.......1/1/2012

well my baby boy, you are now 8 whole weeks old, the time is flying by. in one sense it seems like yesterday that the mw passed you up to me and i looked at your perfect little face and beautiful eyes for the first time, but then i cant imagine you never been in our lives before, its like you've always being here.

in the last 2 weeks, mummy celebrated her first birthday as a mummy, your mummy. when i opened my first ever mummy birthday card, tears tumbled down my cheeks. we celebrated by going out for lunch at chiquitos and then we took ou to see santa. daddy thought it was madness that i was taking you to see santa, paying £6 for you to sit on his knee and you wouldnt remember any of it. but i will and we have a picture of you to show you when you are older. you got me a bautiful photo frame that says 'me and my mummy' and there was a beautiful piccie in it too.

we have akso celebrated christmas! waking up beside you on christmas day made my year. last year mummy avoided the family parties and even looked on at your aunty and unlce with pain as they held your cousin, he was 6 weeks old. this year we were showing you off, we were attending all those parties with excitement, wth pride, with happiness.... all that pain seemed so long ago, yet the memories of knowing we had once felt that pain remain, making the happiness feel all the more overwhelming.

last night was a very sedate new year, a million miles away from last year when daddy and i celebratd at a house party, disco fancy dress meant colours, glamour, sequins, big hair (and that was just daddy) and a lot of alcohol! we danced into the ealry hours until i crashed out on a sofa still wearing my platform heels and awoke with a thick head.

last night we were with your nana and grandad, we ate chinese and i bounced you on my knee singing your favourite nursery rhymes as you smiled at me, hanging on my every word, waiting for the next bounce to come. we stood on the door step of the house watching the fireworks explode into the air, a tribute to our very own 'firework finley', the nickmane you have inherited after being born on bonfire night. as the words of auld lang syne were being sung around us, daddy held me tightly as i held you tightly. tears again tumbling down my cheeks as i recalled staring 2011 with the fears of what our first ivf treatment was going to bring with it and there i was ending the year with my very own perfect little bundle. you really do mean the world to me finley, getting here was difficult but it was worth every single second of pain, upset ad discomfort and i would do it again in a heartbeat just to see your smiling face.

so heres to 2012, a year to look forward to .....with lots of firsts im sure....first giggles, first proper hugs, first crawls, first steps?

No comments:

Post a Comment