Wednesday 7 March 2012

13 weeks....a number we hold dear.....5/2/2012

well my not so little man, you are 13 weeks old today! throughout treatment we had so many number 13's ... ill see if i can remember them.

  • i stimmed for 13 days
  • we had 13 follies at our first scan
  • i had 13 mature eggs
  • you were put back in me in the 13th hour of the day
  • my official test date was the 13th of feb (clinic put it back to 14th though cos 13th was a sunday and they werent open)
  • at your 12 weeks scan you measured 13 weeks

the number 13 is thought to be very unlucky by some people but your daddy and I seem to get followed around by it and it has brought with it some amazing memories. we even flew from terminal 13 when we went on our honeymoon.....

in the last couple of weeks you have just amazed me by how much you have developed, your head is so strong now and you sit there following me around the room. you smile allllll the time, my heart just melts everytime you smile at me its so beautiful. you are trying to giggle but theyre not quite coming out yet, mummy had a silent laugh when i was a child tho (grandad used to take the mickey out of me) so maybe you are just copying me. we sit reading your 'black and white' book which you love. you bash your play gym and your pram toy which we just got you. you shout at me if im not paying you any attention for just a brief second and then smile the second i look at you (you're soooo cheeky!!!!) but the biggest thing we have learnt about you this last week is................... you're a telly addict!!!!!! no i am not leaving you sat in front of tv all day, but if its on you will sit and stare at the bright lights moving about on the big screen. its so funny how even when we're changing your nappy, your head is turned as far round as you can get it so you can see the bright lights lol. i put 10 minutes of the childrens channel on each morning and i have learnt you like the mickey mouse club house, you get excited when they sing 'hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog.......'.

a few firsts for this last week are: you can now push yourself up when laid on your tummy, but we cant leave you there for more then a couple of minutes becaue you really dont like tummy time, you're getting beter though. you also went to the seaside for the first time this week too, we went to hornsea and had fish and chips, oh we were sat at table number 13 too........ and lastly, you had your first ever professional photo shoot.... and guess what..... you would not smile at the poor photographer no matter what we tried. you just looked at him as if to say 'who are you in my house and why are you pointing that camera at me saying "peek-a-boo"'. we still got some lovely pics though, just not many of you smiling.

so my little mister man, today you are 13 weeks old, tomorrow you will be 3 whole months. my body has almost returned to normal now, my pregnancy seeming like a distant memory. i still have my little brown line that runs down my tummy though, every time i see it, it reminds me that it once was your home, a home for 38 weeks and 5 days. i miss feeling your wriggles and kicks inside me but your smiles and hugs bring about emotions i never knew i could feel: pride, strength, a need to protect, but i think most of all.......love. all encompassing love.

love mummy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment