Wednesday 7 March 2012

lickle moons birth story...9/11/2011

My baby boy is already 4 days old, were currently snuggled up in bed keeping warm making a plan for the day. First things first tho (of course after a feed and a change and a big snuggle) is to wrote down our story before we forget a single thing.


So as you all know things had been 'moving' for a couple of weeks. So ill start with when things started to get messy so to speak lol. On Monday last week I woke up with painful period type pains and was losing a lot of mucous and blood. It continued allllllll day but with no real progression to anything else. Tuesday...... the same. Wednesday things were much more settled and I was one very disappointed mummy to be.


At the 38 week cons appointment on Thursday, he decided to leave is to do things on our own but would induce me by week 41. No examination like he had promised! I broke down, sobbing I just wanted to know if my body was doing anything or I'd the last few weeks were just little games to keep me on my toes. Hubby said I could have won an Oscar for my performance..... very dramatic apparently Haha. so the examination went ahead and I was already 2-3cm!!! Feeling much happier with myself but very emotional off home we went.


An hour later the contractions were 7 to 8 minutely but only mild amd stayed that way all day. Night time came they were 3to4 minutely so off we went to labour ward to het checked over just in case with the strep b. An examination showed thongs hadn't really progressed since my earlier examination ny cons so was given option to stay or go home. Home we went grabbing a take away on way home, 3 hours layer I was fast asleep in bed. Everything had stopped!! Again!!!


Woke up very stressed and upset Friday lunch time, my mum turned up ay half one and took me to hers. After many tears and telling her how exhausted I was and worried I wouldn't have the energy to push when he was finally on his way. She gave me a big hug and told me to relax, stop been so scared (i didnt believe everything was going to go well and that I would be bringing my baby home) cos everything cos going to be fine and I would soon be a mummy. We had a nice walk and by the time we were walking back (about 5pm) my contractions started again. They were very different this time, I had to zone out to breathe through them and found myself making some rather strange grunting sounds Haha.


Hubby met me at my mums and we relaxed tjere, breathing through each pain as they came. Had a madras for tea which I thoroughly enjoyed and within 15 minutes if finishing the pains were very strong so decided to het a bath. I say strong, they were bareable and once over with, kinda made you think what an earth was I just screaming about cos the pain just vanishes in-between. An hour and half in the bath, every 5 minutes and I was starting to scream and swear through the pain.... still manageable tho. By 11.10pm they were 4 to 6 minutely but I was starting to feel the need for some pain relief so called the hospital. My mum said to give.myself another half an hour (good job I didn't tho lol) but I was aware of needing the antibiotics.


11.45 massive contraction on car park, port asked if I wanted a wheelchair but I was so scared I still wasn't in labour I refused. Another one in foyer, then a huge one at the ward entrance. As it finished I looked up to see the mw say 'you here to have a baby?' I really hope so was my response.


I got to the room and was given the gas adjacent air, contractions now every 2 minutes and lasting a minute. 'please say I'm more then 3cm' I begged........... 8cm and almost ready to go! With that my waters broke, they quickly got my iv in and administered my first dose of antibiotics. But it was too late, his head was already on his way down. I begged for pain relief but she just kept saying 'becky its too late, hell be here soon'. 'het my mother on the phone!' I screamed. Doing as told, hubby rang mum and pit her one speaker phone...'cos of you I can't have any pain killers and it effing hurts and this effing gas and air effing doesn't work.....' (you get the picture.... mw and Dr found it hilarious apparently!.


Anyways...... by about 12.45 they couldn't wait any longer and said to start pushing. Baby would have to have the antibiotics himself. The contractions were starting to blend, but with each one I would tell mused that I had 4 pushes, counting trough them....1 to get his head there.... 2 to stretch.... 3 to stretch and 4 to get him out. After a while I went from back to all fours, but then to my side. At 1.58 finley entered the world, took his first big scream and opened his left eye, eight one completely gunked over bless him. He came straight to me for skin to skin and i just lay there shaking, mesmerized by the little man in my sens and the pain had stooped immediately. I threw the gas n air nozzle, no longer needing it.


The placenta came away quickly and then I has to have stitches. I had a small perinieum tear and according to hubby my labia need stitching almost fully back on ( not sure if he's exaggerating and I darent look lol).


10 minutes after stitching complete, finley was taken to special care to have his iv fitted and first dose of antibiotics.... I got up, showered and was raring cereal bars and drinking lucozade when he returned.


Hubby has told everyone how proud of me he is and how I just got on with it and got him out so fast. Yes I swore, screamed, begged they used forceps (apparently lol) bit I dis it on just gas and air and gave him the.most precious and beautiful gift he could ask for. He's a little disgruntled that so far finley is a mini mummy but were noticing more daddy in him by the day.


If you got to the end of this well done lol. So much more I could say but I'm sire there must be a word limit on here lol.


So after weeks of 'am i? Aren't i?'. He's here, my beautiful lickle moon, my beautiful finley Richard. Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment